The year is almost over and we are bracing for what 2023 will bring for digital marketing. So will 2023 be more of the same or a paradigm shift on how things are done? Here are the top digital marketing trends for 2023 from us at DG Brew.
1. Conversation marketing: Chatbots are now part of many websites. As Machine Learning (ML) and AI become more mainstream, expect that both voice-based marketing and chatbots will get more sophisticated. Allowing consumers to interact real time and make purchase decisions.
2. Shoppable Posts: As users spend bulk of their time on social media, brands are increasingly turning them for their brand awareness and sales. Most of the platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest allow businesses to put shoppable posts
This means a huge opportunity for brands, given that more that 70% of Instagram users have bought something on the app. A survey of Pinterest users found that 65% of them use Pinterest to find products.
3. Position Zero in Search: While earlier the aim was to be number 1 on search, however, Google has changed the paradigm once again. A short-featured snippet of information above the search results is now the prime location for brands. This is the position which users are likely to view to first and is possibly the only information they will view. This is going to be a bigger focus for the brands.
4. AR & VR: Augmented reality and virtual reality have had their ups and downs but have been increasing in popularity over the last few years. In 2023, AR is likely to surpass VR in term of popularity.
5. Video Content: Users respond well to videos and with data become ubiquitous, videos will continue to be a key tool for digital marketers. However, brands will need to focus on better quality ad short video spans to grab user attention. TikTok is likely to be bigger for brands as they seek to grab a larger chink of younger audience.